applying for Fusion
Fusion requires two applications. To be admitted as a Fusion candidate, applicants must complete applications to both IMB and Midwestern College. The application to the IMB is to be a Student Missionary during the Spring semester (phase 2) of the Fusion process. Additionally, the application to Midwestern is to be admitted into a four year Bachelor of Arts degree program.
- Willingness to submit to the Fusion process
- Sincere commitment to personal and spiritual growth
- High School graduate (23 years or younger)
- Must be admitted to Midwestern College as a student.
- Must be admitted by International Mission Board as a semester student missionary
- Complete an application to Midwestern College.
- Complete an IMB Student Missionary Application
- Watch the Child Protection Video.
the fusion admissions process:
For those seeking admittance to Fusion at Midwestern College, the following considerations must be taken:
- Midwestern: Complete an application to Midwestern College
- IMB: Complete an application to be a semester missionary with the International Mission Board which includes the online form, background check, and three references.
- Admissions Decision: Once the student has been admitted by Midwestern College and approved by IMB to serve as a semester missionary, the Fusion Leadership Team will extend an invitation to join the Fusion process as a candidate.
- Deposit: The decision to accept the invitation to candidacy must be made within two weeks of receipt and must be accompanied by a $300 non-refundable deposit to hold a spot. This deposit will cover a portion of the ground school costs incurred for each candidate
The Fusion staff will humbly review each applicant in an effort to invite those candidates who will best thrive in the Fusion process. Applicants will be considered according to the following criteria:
• Demonstrate a unique desire to submit to the Fusion process.
• Be physically capable to handle the demands of Fusion’s training process.
• Be emotionally stable enough to adapt to Fusion’s training process.
• Be academically fit for the mental rigor of Fusion classes.
• Be socially adept to participate and contribute in the life of a small team.
Fusion is owned and operated by International Mission Board of the SBC. The IMB and Midwestern Baptist College do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admission policies, or any other programs and activities.